BNP Paribas Fortis Belgium
Nov 2018 – Dec 2022
Microsoft SQL Server Projects
- SQL Server Lifecycle Management project, including migration of older 2008 and 2012 SQL server environments towards 2016 and 2019, as well as Microsoft Windows patch management
- Preparations towards cloud migration of SQL Server environment
- Decrease the amount of operational work by optimization of monitoring tools and aligning scheduling tools
- Automation of access & security management
Sybase ASE and Sybase Replication Server projects
- Successfully implemented the migration of Sybase ASE en Sybase Replication environment from version 15.7 to 16.
- I improved stability and performance in a complex replication environment resulting in less planned and unplanned downtime for private banking customers.
- Creation of documentation and providing training towards the in-house Oracle database team to support on-call Sybase services
- Providing Release and Upgrade Assistance towards Fortis AAA (Temenos).
- I have completed the conversion of crontab scheduled jobs towards other scheduling software.
- Improving the quality of high-availability infrastructure as well as executing DRP exercises is done is a perpetual task.
- The installation of the Guardium Insights agent was a requirement for audit purposes.
“The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn’t said.”
Let’s work together on your
next web project
We can help your company with all kinds of database-related projects